Capernwray Dive Site
Our favorite training site, Capernwray (aka, Jackdaw Quarry) sits on the edge of the Lake District.
Featuring diving depths up to 20 metres, the quarry boasts many fine features including:
- Good (usually) visability and the 2nd cleanest recreational bathing water in the UK.
- Finest stock of fish in any freshwater site. These include Roach & Perch in large shoals, not forgetting the very friendly trout. The most popular feature is the Sturgeon which range from 30cm long right through to a 160cm monster.
- Purpose designed training platforms at depths from 2m to 12m.
- Jetty to practice deep water entries and exits.
- Two designated training areas, buoyed for easy recognition.
- Underwater cave to simulate overhead environment training.
- Countless underwater attractions including helicopters, boat wrecks, plane wrecks, a bathesphere and more, endless training possibilities.
- There is a lifetime membership scheme which is a one off payment of £25.
- Entry each day is then £12.
- Air fills are £3.50 a fill.
- Nitrox is available.
- Kit hire is available.
- Refreshments available at the Porthole Restaurant.
- Shop on site for fogotten spares.
Capernwray is situated at, Capernwray Road, Capernwray, LA6 1DA