Capernwray Dive Site
Our favorite training site, Capernwray (aka, Jackdaw Quarry) sits on the edge of the Lake District. Diveworld has a full training weekend each month right through the year.
Featuring diving depths up to 20 metres, the quarry boasts many fine features including:
- Good (usually) visability and the 2nd cleanest recreational bathing water in the UK.
- Finest stock of fish in any freshwater site. These include Roach & Perch in large shoals, not forgetting the very friendly trout. The most popular feature is the Sturgeon which range from 30cm long right through to a 160cm monster.
- Purpose designed training platforms at depths from 2m to 12m.
- Jetty to practice deep water entries and exits.
- Two designated training areas, buoyed for easy recognition.
- Underwater cave to simulate overhead environment training.
- Countless underwater attractions including helicopters, boat wrecks, plane wrecks, a bathesphere and more, endless training possibilities.
- There is a lifetime membership scheme which is a one off payment.
- Entry each day is then £12.
- Single day passes without membership are £17 (prices correct at time of wtiting)
- Air fills are £4.00 a fill.
- Nitrox is available.
- Kit hire is available.
- Refreshments available at the Porthole Restaurant.
- Shop on site for forgotten spares.
Capernwray is situated at, Capernwray Road, Capernwray, LA6 1DA
We have at least one full weekend each month at this awesome site so join us for fun too.
2020 visits at a glance:
- Jan 11/12
- Feb 8/9
- Mar 7/8
- Apr 11/12
- May 9/10
- Jun 13/14
- Jul 11/12
- Aug 8/9
- Sep 12/13
- Oct 10/11
- Nov 7/8
- Dec 12/13