The PADI Adaptive Support Diver Course with DIVEWORLD
Have you ever dived with a buddy with limited mobility or any form of disability and wondered how best to work with them to support and encourage? This course aims to give divers insight into what is required to adequately support a disabled diver.
The Fun Part
The fun part of this course is working together to develop adaptive techniques to assist any diver with mental or physical challenges, and allowing the diver to achieve ambition and enjoyment underwater.
- PADI Open Water Diver or PADI Freediver or higher.
- 15 years of age.
- Emergency First Response Primary & Secondary Care course completed within 24 months.
- It is recommended that Peak Performance Buoyancy is completed to hone your buoyancy & trim skills prior to becoming and Adaptive Support Diver,
What You Learn
- How to work with a disabled buddy to assist effectively & safely.
- How to become more aware and mindful of individual considerations & challenges when diving with a physically or mentally challenged buddy.
- How to apply adaptive thinking and techniques to find novel solutions and methods to achieve a goal.
- How to focus on what a diver can do and not the disability.
What is involved
- Knowledge development session and accessibility workshop.
- A confined water workshop.
- An open water workshop.
Your Next Adventure
As the PADI Adaptive Support Diver is a standardized course it may be used towards PADI Advanced Open Water and Master Scuba Diver ratings.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the DIVEWORLD Team members.
Search & Recovery Diver £155.00